Women’s Crisis Phone Lines
The women’s crisis phonelines is a para counselling service offered by the Sarawak Women for Women (SWWS) for women. It has been existence since 1988.
The Women’s Crisis Phonelines aims to
- provide a listening ear, empathy and moral support to women in distress.
- assist women to explore various ways to resolve thier crisis
- give women encouragements to make thier own decisions
It is a non-political, non-religoius, muliti-racial and multi-lingua services which is provided by volunteers.
Who are the volunteers?
- would like to help other women
- come from all walks of life
- have received para counselling training
- have pledge to keep all calls confidential
Who can call?
Women who are
- in distress
- need someone to turn to for support
- want someone with whom they can fully confide in and share their problems
- need informations in order to make their own decisions