One Stop Crisis Centre (OSCC) – Read More
- Provides a safe, comfortable and supportive environment for survivors of domestic violence/ rape.
- Services available include providing medical treatment, making a police report, welfare assistance and Para-counselling service.
- This centre acts as a centralized inter-agency support system and protects survivors from further trauma of being passed from agency to agency. It is based at the General Hospital.
Women Crisis Phone Line (CPL) – Read More
- This confidential service aims to provide a listening ear and moral support to women in distress and in doing so assists them to make their own decisions.
- All befrienders operating the line are trained in para-counselling by SWWS trainers.
- To provide information for young women from rural areas on jobs in town and to help them adapt to their new lifestyle.
- Also a place where women with low- paid jobs can come together to take part in educational programmes, skill building sessions and social activities.
Children & Youth Safety Programmes
- Train primary and kindergarten pupils on keeping safe including safe and unsafe touches.
- Train Teachers – and others working with children – on how to use the Keep Safe Training Kit.
- Workshop discussions with youth on healthy relationships.
- Enable more groups to develop such programmes by working collaboratively with the State Education. Department, private educational institutions, faith groups and/or civil society.
- Talks, seminars, workshops and exhibitions on freeing women from abuse and discrimination.
- School Outreach Programme.
- Domestic Violence Roadshow.
- Training on Child Sexual Abuse.
- Community Service on Legal Literacy, Relationship Issues and Women’s Health.
- Empowering Rural Girls.